Do you want comics? Do you need to run the comics providing at Kickstarter? And be paid $120,000 to $140,000 for the privilege? Apply right here.
Final evening, Director of Publishing & Comics Outreach at Kickstarter, Oriana Leckert introduced that she was shifting her focus to publishing, and hiring a alternative within the function to supervise the comics division, with a wage of between $120,000 and 140,000 a yr.
Leckert posted on Twitter, “Some information, buddies! There’s been huge development within the #KickstarterReads world the previous few years. It has been an absolute honor to preside over these classes—and an epic quantity of labor. So we’ll be hiring somebody to assist oversee comics, permitting me to shift my focus to publishing. That mentioned, I am not completed with comics! I am nonetheless your level particular person on each classes till the brand new function is crammed. I am heading to Tokyo with @superfanpr & @AkiYanagi for 2wks of devoted manga outreach, I will be at ECCC in March, and we have got massive plans for San Diego this summer time. If you wish to come work with me on all this, or if you already know somebody who does, please apply or share! There’s a lot great things forward for our platform and the massive lovely literary world, and I can not wait to assist all of it come to life.”
Here is the job needed itemizing with utility particulars.
Director, Comics Outreach
Kickstarter is searching for an skilled Director, Comics Outreach to affix our Outreach staff.
The wage for this function in the USA is $120,000 – 140,000.
The Outreach staff engages with and advocates for creators within the international inventive communities we serve. Managing a variety of relationships, we encourage creators to convey their tasks to life utilizing Kickstarter. We’re a multidisciplinary, action-oriented staff that believes deeply within the significance of inventive independence.
Over the previous decade, hundreds of comics creators and illustrators have funded wildly inventive, bold tasks and constructed international communities on Kickstarter. By bringing collectively a group of comics creators and supporters of comics and illustration, we champion work that breaks new floor and presents imaginative alternatives for discourse and leisure. So far, over 15,000 comics tasks have discovered success on Kickstarter — elevating greater than $188 million. The comics class has the very best success charge throughout our platform, in addition to the very best relaunch charge, with greater than 50% of profitable comics creators launching one other marketing campaign inside 12 months. This function will assist form the way forward for the comics and illustration communities on the platform.
On this function, listed so as of significance, you’ll:
- Handle and curate Kickstarter’s Comics class.
- Join with promising creators within the comics group who may use Kickstarter to convey exemplary tasks to life.
- Develop and personal methods for reaching new creators.
- Observe creator conversations utilizing Kickstarter’s CRM and preserve service-level settlement (SLAs) round contemplating precedence creators for curation and outreach assist.
- Use information instruments to investigate developments and efficiency.
- Assist creators craft sturdy campaigns, advise on launch technique, and join them to related group sources.
- Develop and refine comics group–particular instructional sources and floor to applicable creators in collaboration with different groups at Kickstarter.
- Set up and strengthen relationships with establishments and companions within the artwork ecosystem to construct Kickstarter’s referral pipeline.
- Set technique for occasions inside the comics group, figuring out which to prioritize and attending as a consultant of Kickstarter, speaking with creators and trade audiences each one-on-one and thru public talking alternatives.
- Make the case for Kickstarter in a aggressive funding panorama and collect intelligence about alternate paths to funding that comics creators are pursuing.
- Function an inside champion for the wants of comics creators, surfacing suggestions round product, coverage, and expertise to inside stakeholders and collaborating on cross-team initiatives that purpose to enhance creators’ experiences.
- Use Kickstarter’s comics curation channels to have fun creators’ work and coordinate advertising options on model channels for precedence creators.
- You’ve gotten at the very least 8 years of deep, skilled expertise working within the comics group, together with a community of connections in comics, and trade information about how inventive work is funded.
- You’ve gotten a demonstrated capability to create and execute on strategic plans that get information pushed outcomes. This contains setting and monitoring targets and budgets that align with firm and staff technique.
- You’ve gotten distinctive communication abilities and are adept at presenting to small and huge teams, chatting with the press, and have the flexibility to signify Kickstarter in a optimistic mild at trade occasions.
- You’ve gotten demonstrated public management inside the comics group by organizing or taking part in a central function at key occasions, creating a compelling on-line presence, writing thought items, and making different significant contributions to serving to unbiased creators and establishments succeed.
- You’ve gotten an knowledgeable sense of what makes crowdfunding tasks succeed and the flexibility to evaluate high quality, innovation, creativity, and readability of presentation when reviewing a marketing campaign.
- Bonus factors if you’re a creator, entrepreneur, and/or Kickstarter backer your self.
What You will Get pleasure from
- A totally distant workforce with loads of alternatives to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid well being plan choices
- 16 paid trip days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours every year to offer again to your group
- 16 weeks of parental go away plus fertility/household planning sources
- A 4-day/32-hour workweek! Kickstarter is at present experimenting with one in order that we will all get pleasure from lengthy weekends
- Extremely proficient and provoking colleagues who know how you can mix their inventive endeavors into their work
You’ll be able to learn extra about our advantages and dealing at Kickstarter at our Jobs web page.
Leave a Reply